System Sensor D4240 4-Wire Photoelectric Low-Flow Smoke Detector
Also known as: BK-D4240
The InnovairFlex D4240 4-wire photoelectric duct smoke detector features a pivoting housing that fits both square and rectangular footprints and mounts to round or rectangular ductwork. This unit operates in airflow speeds of 100 to 4,000 feet per minute, temperatures of 4F to 158F, and a humidity range of 0 to 95 percent (non-condensing). A plug-in sensor head offers improved false alarm immunity and simple installation, testing, and maintenance. An improved cover design isolates the sensor head from the low-flow feature for simple maintenance.
The InnovairFlex housing provides ample wiring space, a -inch conduit knockout, and built-in short-circuit protection to prevent damage to sensitive components during installation. High-contrast terminal designations make wiring easy. With its 2:1 sensor-to-power capability, the power board of the D4240 may be used to monitor a second sensor, D4S, simultaneously (i.e., supply and return side). As many as 50 InnovairFlex detectors can be interconnected. When one unit senses smoke, all interconnected detectors will switch their relays; only the detector sensing smoke will go into alarm, enabling the fire location to be pinpointed.
An easy-access Test/Reset button makes it possible to test the unit with the cover on. Three DIP switches can be used to configure field-selectable settings: cover tamper delay, number of sensors to be controlled, and shut down on trouble option. Each power board has two LEDs that can be used to indicate the status of connected sensors, and a quick reference imprinted on the cover explains the LED status indications (Standby, Maintenance, Trouble, and Alarm). The InnovairFlex duct smoke detector can be customized to meet local codes and specifications without additional wiring. The new InnovairFlex product line is compatible with all previous Innovair models, including remote test accessories.
- Photoelectric, integrated low-flow technology
- Air velocity rating from 100 ft/min to 4,000 ft/min (0.5 m/s to 20.32 m/sec)
- Versatile mounting options: square or rectangular configuration
- Plug-in sensor offers superb false alarm immunity and the latest sensor technology
- Broad ranges for operating temperature (4F to 158F) and humidity (0% to 95% non-condensing)
- Patented sampling tube installs from the front or back of the detector with no tools required
- Increased wiring space with a newly added -inch conduit knockout
- One easy-access Test/Reset button and improved LED status
- Patented interconnect feature for multi-fan shutdown
- New high-contrast terminal designations
- Built-in short-circuit protection from operator wiring errors
- Field-selectable settings for configuring the detector
- Two DPDT Form-C relay contacts
- 24 VAC/DC or 240 VAC
- Backward compatibility with existing Innovair products, including remote accessories