System Sensor WFD60N Waterflow Detector, 6"
Also known as: BK-WFD60N
The WFD60N is a waterflow detector for installation on 6 in. steel pipe. The new WFDN Series waterflow detectors from System Sensor consists of a rugged, NEMA 4-rated enclosure that is more damage resistant than previous metal designs. The waterflow detector is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, with the widest available temperature range, from 32F to 150F. They are also approved for installation on the widest range of pipe schedules, sizes 2 in. through 4 in. are approved for installation on pipe schedules 7 through 40.
UL-listed models are equipped with tamper-resistant cover screws to prevent unauthorized entry. Inside, two sets of SPDT (Form C) synchronized switches are enclosed in a durable terminal block with new layout designed to make wiring easy with wire ready terminals, COM terminals are on a different elevation, large barrier between switches and easy to read raised textured lettering all make wiring easy. An optional cover tamper switch is available, securely snaps into place, no tools required.
The WFDN series incorporates a mechanical time delay feature, which minimizes the risk of false alarm due to pressure surges or air trapped in the fire sprinkler system. The larger and easy to turn timer dial makes setting the waterflow detector easy with high contrast pad printed markings. The dial offers three tabs to help with turning, with one larger tab located on the dial position for approximately 60 seconds, a notch is also indicated on the dial to locate approximately 30 seconds making setting the detector in dimmly lit locations easy.
The WFDN series is designed for accuracy and repeatability. The detector also offers improved performance during vibration in riser applications where detectors are exposed to a large in rush of water.
- New directional cover allows installers and inspectors to easily see the direction of flow
- UL-listed models are NEMA 4 rated
- New cover provides a better seal, is lighter weight, not painted and corrosion resistant
- Sealed retard mechanism immune to dust and other contaminants
- Less exposed metal reduces shock hazard, plastic cover acts as insulator and is resistant to arcing
- Visual switch activation
- Audible switch activation (73 dBA)
- Field-replaceable timer/switch assembly
- Accommodates up to 12 AWG wire
- Switch Synchronization activates both alarm panel and local bell or horn strobe
- Tamper-resistant cover screws
- Improved water sealing
- Reduced product weight
- Wire-ready terminals
- Improved wiring with new terminal block layout
- Snap-in optional cover tamper switch
- Improved timer repeatability and accuracy
- Compatible Pipe Schedules: Steel water pipe, schedule 10 through 40
- Conduit Entrances: Two openings for in. conduit. One open, one knock-out type
- Contact Ratings: Two sets of SPDT (Form C) 10.0 A, HP @ 125/250 VAC 2.5 A @ 6/12/24 VDC
- Cover Tamper Switch: Optional for UL and ULC models, part no. CTS
- Enclosure Rating: NEMA 4 suitable for indoor/outdoor use
- Maximum Surge: 18 Feet Per Second (FPS)
- Operating Temperature Range: 32F to 150F (0C to 66C)
- Pipe Size: 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 lbs.
- Static Pressure Rating: 450 PSI
- Triggering Threshold Bandwidth (Flow Rate): 4-10 GPM
Average rating: 5.0, based on
For more information about the System Sensor WFD60N, please contact us.