Potter Amseco VS-SP Special Application Waterflow Switch without Retard - Small Pipe
Also known as: VSSP, PL-VSSP
The Potter Amseco VS-SP is a vane-type waterflow switch for use on wet sprinkler systems. These devices may be used as sectional flow indicators on large sprinkler systems and on smaller sprinkler systems such as mobile homes and residential dwellings.
The VS-SP does not have a retard to prevent false alarms due to water surges. Therefore it should NOT be used on systems with variable water pressure supplies except in the case of elevator recall.
A vane-type waterflow switch for wet sprinkler systems is the Model VSR-FE-2. For use on steel pipe, schedules 10 through 40, sizes 2 through 8, it is UL Listed and FM Approved (50mm - 200mm). On big systems, the device can also be utilized as a sectional waterflow detector.
The device has an adjustable electronic retard and an output relay. When a flow of 10 gallons per minute (38 LPM) or more happens downstream of the device, the relay is activated. To overcome the chosen retard period, the flow state must endure for the amount of time required.
A general-purpose, die-cast housing surrounds the unit. Two tamper-resistant screws that need a unique key to remove hold the cover in place. As an extra, there is a field-installable cover tamper switch that can be used to signal unlawful cover removal.
- NEMA 4 solid metal enclosure
- Factory installed neoprene gasket
- 250 psi system pressure rated
- One SPDT (Form C) contact second set of contacts optional
- 1" solid brass threaded bushing
- Twelve paddles provided for use on plastic, copper, and schedule 40 pipe
- 5-year warranty
- Listings: UL, cUL, CSFM, NYBSA, and CE
- Service Pressure: Up to 250 PSI (17,2 BAR)
- Minimum Flow Rate for Alarm: 10 GPM (38 LPM)
- Maximum Surge: 18 FPS (5,5 m/s)
- Enclosure: Die-cast, red enamel nish, Cover held in place with tamper resistant screws
- Contacts: One set of SPDT (Form C), standard, Second set optional: 15 Amps at 125/250VAC, 0.5 Amps at 125VDC, 0.25 Amps at 250VDC, 2.5 Amps at 30 VDC resistive
- Conduit Entrance: One opening for 1/2" conduit
How to Wire a Potter VSR Flow Switch to a Bell
Average rating: 5.0, based on
For more information about the Potter / Amseco VS-SP, please contact us.