System Sensor COSMO4W 4-Wire CO/Smoke DetectorUPC: 783863044380
Also known as: BK-COSMO4W
The best-in-class System Sensor COSMO-4W i4 Series combination CO/Smoke Detector is a 4-Wire carbon monoxide (CO) and smoke detection technology in a single, system-connected device.
The i4 Series combines CO and smoke detection into one device, requiring less wiring and fewer back boxes than two separate devices. The i4 Series is compatible with i3 (2WTA-B or 4WTA-B), so an attractive CO monitoring solution can easily be retrofitted into existing i3 installations. The i4 Series CO cell can be easily replaced at end-of-life, resulting in a much lower life cost than having to replace the entire detector.
The i4 Series Combination CO/Smoke detector requires less wiring than two separate CO and smoke devices. Installers can pre-wire its plug-in base, while its large wire-entry port and in-line terminals provide ample room for neatly routing wiring. The base accommodates several back box options and also direct mounts using drywall anchors. The i4 head plugs into the base with a simpleStop-Drop N Lock action. When the detectors CO cell reaches endof-life, it can be easily replaced in the field without a tool.
With the help of the module, the i4 Series transmits distinct CO and smoke signals, allowing appropriate response from the central monitoring station. Intelligent features, such as drift compensation and smoothing algorithms, reduce nuisance alarms.
The i4 Series LEDs enable instant inspection of detector status signaling normal/standby condition, alarm condition, maintenance/trouble condition or functional test mode. 2-wire devices allow loop testing via the EZ Walk feature where wiring can easily be verified by checking the LED status at each detector.
Smoke sensitivity can be easily measured using the wireless SENSRDR device. CO cell functionality can also be quickly validated in the field with canned CO per NFPA 720: 2009 requirements using the detectors RealTest functionality
- Single device for CO and smoke detection that uses less wiring and fewer junction boxes
- Compatible with a wide range of control panels with the use of the required i4 Interface Module.
- Sends distinct smoke and CO signals to the panel
- Sounds Temporal 3 for smoke and Temporal 4 for CO
- Built-in 85dB sounder
- LEDs display both CO and smoke status
- External IR LED provides extended range sensitivity testing
- Versatile mounting allows for wall or ceiling placement
- Easily replaceable electrochemical CO cell with 6-year end-of-life timer that signals the panel and chirps to alert the homeowner
- RealTest enables functional test using canned CO
- Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms provide false alarm immunity
- Compatible with SENS-RDR sensitivity tester
- Full agency compliance with UL 268 and UL 2075