System Sensor 4W-B Photoelectric i3 Smoke Detector, 4-Wire
Also known as: BK-4WB
The 4W-B is a 4-wire, photoelectric i3 smoke detector. System Sensor i3 series smoke detectors represent significant advancement in conventional detection. The i3 family is founded on three principles: installation ease, intelligence, and instant inspection.
The i3 line redefines installation ease with its plug-in design. This allows an installer to pre-wire bases (included with heads). The large wire entry port and in-line terminals provide ample room for neatly routing the wiring inside the base. The base accommodates a variety of back box mounting methods as well as direct mounting with drywall anchors. To complete the installation, i3 heads plug into the base with a simple Stop-Drop N Lock action.
i3 detectors offer a number of intelligent features to simplify testing and maintenance. Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms are standard with the i3 line to minimize nuisance alarms. 2-wire i3 detectors can generate a remote LED indicated maintenance signal when connected to the 2W-MOD2 loop test/maintenance module or a panel equipped with the i3 protocol. The SENS-RDR, a wireless device, displays the sensitivity of i3 detectors in terms of percent-per-foot obscuration.
The i3 series provides wide-angle red and green LED indicators for instant inspection of the detectors condition: normal standby, out-of-sensitivity, alarm, or freeze trouble. When connected to the 2W-MOD2 loop test/maintenance module or a panel with the i3 protocol, the EZ Walk loop test feature is available on 2-wire i3 detectors. This feature verifies the initiating loop wiring by providing LED status indication at each detector.
- Plug-in detector line, mounting base included
- Large wire entry port
- In-line terminals with SEMS screws
- Mounts to octagonal and single-gang back boxes, 4-square back boxes, or direct to ceiling
- Stop-drop n' lock attachment to base
- Removable detector cover and chamber
- Built-in remote maintenance signaling
- Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms
- Simplified sensitivity measurement
- Wide-angle, dual-color LED indication
- Loop testing via EZ Walk feature
- Built-in test switch
- Operating Voltage: 12/24V non-polarized, 8.5-35V
- Maximum Ripple Voltage: 30 percent peak of applied voltage
- Standby Current: 4-wire 50ma max.
- Maximum Alarm Current: 20mA at 12V, 23mA at 24V
- Alarm Contact Rating: 0.5A at 30V AC/DC
- Dimensions (including base): 5.3" (127mm) diameter, 2" (51mm) height
- Weight: 6.3oz (178g)
- Operating Temperature Range: 32F-100F (0C -37.8C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0 to 95 percent non-condensing
- Thermal Sensor: 135F (57.2C) fixed
- Sensitivity: 2.5 percent nominal
- Input Terminals: 14 to 22 AWG
Average rating: 4.5, based on
For more information about the System Sensor 4WB, please contact us.