System Sensor 2W-B Photoelectric i3 Smoke Detector, 2-Wire
Also known as: 2WB, BK-2WB
Standards met: UL, FM, MEA, MSFM and cETLus
Agency listings A detector you can trust. The System Sensor 2WB is a 2-wire, photoelectric i3 smoke detector.
Technological breakthrough: System Sensor i3 series smoke detectors represent significant advancement in conventional detection. The i3 family is founded on three principles: installation ease, intelligence, and instant inspection.
Easy to install. The i3 line redefines installation ease with its plug-in design. This allows an installer to pre-wire bases (included with heads). The large wire entry port and in-line terminals provide ample room for neatly routing the wiring inside the base. The base accommodates a variety of back box mounting methods as well as direct mounting with drywall anchors. To complete the installation, i3 heads plug into the base with a simple Stop-Drop 'N Lock action.
Game changing features. i3 detectors offer a number of intelligent features to simplify testing and maintenance. Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms are standard with the i3 line to minimize nuisance alarms. 2-wire i3 detectors can generate a remote LED indicated maintenance signal when connected to the 2W-MOD2 loop test/maintenance module or a panel equipped with the i3 protocol. The SENS-RDR, a wireless device, displays the sensitivity of i3 detectors in terms of percent-per-foot obscuration.
Instant Inspection: The i3 series provides wide-angle red and green LED indicators for instant inspection of the detector's condition: normal standby, out-of-sensitivity, alarm, or freeze trouble. When connected to the 2W-MOD2 loop test/maintenance module or a panel with the i3 protocol, the EZ Walk loop test feature is available on 2-wire i3 detectors. This feature verifies the initiating loop wiring by providing LED status indication at each detector.
If you have any questions, are looking for tech support, have a question about changing the battery, cleaning your smoke detector, or a beeping sound on your smoke detector, please feel free to contact us at (516) 812-0917 and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
Buy with confidence from a trusted seller. Customer Satisfaction is Always Guaranteed.
Also Known As: 2WB, BK-2WB.
- Plug-in detector line, mounting base included
- Large wire entry port
- In-line terminals with SEMS screws
- Mounts to octagonal and single-gang back boxes, 4-square back boxes, or direct to ceiling
- Stop-Drop N Lock attachment to base
- Removable detector cover and chamber
- Built-in remote maintenance signaling
- Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms
- Simplified sensitivity measurement
- Wide-angle, dual-color LED indication
- Loop testing via EZ Walk feature
- Built-in test switch
- Smoke Detection Type: Photoelectric
- Wiring: 2-wire
- Operating Voltage: 12/24 V non-polarized nominal, 8.5 min. to 35 max.
- Maximum Ripple Voltage: 30% of nominal (peak to peak)
- Alarm Current: 130mA max., limited by panel
- Standby Current: 50 A max. avg., 100 A peak
- Operating Temperature Range: 32 to 120F (0 to 49C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0% to 95% RH, noncondensing
- Sensitivity: 2.5%/ft. nominal
- Wiring Gauge: 14-22 AWG
- Dimensions: 2.0" (51mm) H x 5.3" (127mm) Dia.
- Weight: 6.3 oz. (178 g)
Average rating: 5.0, based on
For more information about the System Sensor 2W-B, please contact us.