Gentex S1209F Photoelectric Smoke Alarm with Form A/ Form C Relay
UPC: 700217030226Also known as: GN-S1209F
The Gentex S1209F (120VAC/9VDC) series photoelectric smoke alarms are for use as an evacuation device in all dwelling units, including but not limited to homes, apartments, hospitals, hotels and motels. The S1209 Series is listed in compliance with ANSI/UL 217 for installation per NFPA 72 and the International Codes (IBC/IFC/IRC).
Available in two models, the S1209F is engineered to virtually eliminate nuisance alarms and deliver outstanding performance wherever reliable smoke detection is required.
The S1209F is provided with a 9VDC alkaline battery for emergency power back-up in the event building power is lost. The battery impedance is verified and the alarm provides a low or missing battery warning. The battery drawer provides easy replacement without removing the unit from the wall or ceiling.
The Gentex S1209F is provided with a push button self test and functionality test feature. The push button self test verifies power operation and tests battery levels. The push and hold button functionality test analyzes the photoelectric sensing chamber for proper operation of smoke alarm. The self and functionality tests are in compliance with NFPA 72 and ANSI/UL Standards.
Features of the smoke alarm series include DUALINK tandem capabilities with all Gentex tandem interconnect capable alarms products. The S1209F provides Temporal 3 evacuation tone for the smoke alarm units. The unit includes Form A/ Form C dry contacts for remote annunciation and connection to a protected premises alarm system to provide a supervisory signal.
- 120VAC with 9VDC battery back-up
- Photoelectric smoke sensing technology
- Horn frequency 3100 Hz (nominal)
- Temporal 3 evacuation audible signal
- OptionalAuxiliary Form A/Form C relay contacts (F model)
- Relay contacts operate when on battery back-up
- Nominal 2.5% sensitivity
- Push button self test feature, verifies power sources/operation
- Push and hold button functional test feature, analyzes sensing chamber
- Quick-disconnect wiring harness
- DUALINK - tandem with all Gentex tandem capable alarms
- Red LED pulses every 30 seconds, green LED forAC power on
- Solid State Red LED to indicate smoke presence
- Mounting hardware adapts to standard junction boxes
- Dust cover to prevent particle contamination during installation
- Low or missing battery indicator
- 12 month warranty from date of manufacture or 18 months from date of purchase