What wireless routers will work with my L5100?
Last Updated: 11/14/2013
By Petra Paulson
You can use either the L5100 Wifi or the ILP5 internet communicator to give your L5100 Control Panel wireless IP connectivity.
Both of these internet communicators still must be connected directly to a wireless router by an Ethernet cable. When an alarm is triggered, a signal is sent from the internet communicator to the AlarmNet server which then relays the transmission to central station.
Here are some routers Honeywell recommends:
1. ASUS Wireless N150 Router (Model: RT-N10)
2. Belkin Dual-Band Wireless A&G Router (Model: F6D3230-4)
3. Buffalo Technology Wireless N150 Router (Models: WCR-GN or WHP-HP-GN)
4. Cisco/Linksys Wireless N Router (Models: E1000 or E1500)
5. D-Link Wireless N150 Router (DIR-601) OR
6. D-Link N Dual-Band Router (DIR-815)
6. LevelOne Wireless N Router (WBR-6020)
7. Netgear Wireless N300 Router (WNR1000v3)
8. Netgear Wireless N Router (WNR2000v3)
9. TRENDnet Wireless N150 Router (TEW-652BRP)
The routers on this list have been tested and approved by Honeywell security. However, other routers could work with these internet communicators as well.