Viking E40SSEWP Brushed Stainless Steel Entry Phone with Enhanced Weather Protection
Also known as: VK-E40SSEWP
The E40 Series entry phones are compact, weather and vandal resistant, telephone line powered speaker phones designed to provide two-way handsfree communication. The E40's compact size allows it to be mounted in a standard single gang electrical box. The E40 is available in five different attractive finishes to match your door hardware, light fixtures, etc. Replacement E40 faceplates (PNL40) can be purchased separately and are available in all five standard finishes.
The E40s blue LED continually provides light for locating the push button in dark locations, dims to indicate off hook and flashes during incoming ring. Note: LED not available on all models. Contact Viking for more information.
The E40 entry phones can share a single phone line with house or small business telephones when used with a Viking model C-200, C-250 or C-2000B Entry Phone controller. The E40 entry phones can also be connected to an unused analog station port (programmed for ring down) on a phone system or connected directly to a telephone line when used with a Viking model K-1900-5 or K-1900-30 auto dialer.
The E40 features microphone and speaker volume controls, selectable auto answer for monitoring and intelligent call progress detection for automatic hang-up when the call is completed.
For outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation, the E40 Series is available with Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP). For more information on EWP, see DOD# 859.
- Compact size: Front panel is the size of a typical single gang midsize wall plate
- Mounting: Flush mounts in a single gang electrical box (2.25 deep x 2.00 wide x 2.84 tall minimum) or surface mounts in a Viking model VE-3x5 (not included, see DOD# 424)
- Available in 5 standard faceplate finishes: Brushed Stainless Steel, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Polished Brass, Satin Black and Satin White
- PNL-40 faceplates: Replacement faceplates with matching screws available in all five standard finishes
- Vandal Resistant Features: 16 gauge polished brass or 18 gauge 304 stainless steel faceplate, 316 stainless steel push button, carbon fiber reinforced plastic speaker screen, scratch resistant powder coating, hex drive mounting screws
- Weather Resistant Features: Mylar speaker, faceplate gasket, mic and speaker gasket, internally sealed (IP67) push button switch, self draining mic mount and UV stable weather resistant powder coating (excluding E-40-SS 304 Stainless Steel faceplate)
- E-40-EWP is designed to meet IP66 Ingress Protection Rating (see DOD# 859 for more information)
- Telephone line powered
- Microphone and speaker volume controls
- Programmable Intelligent call progress detection for automatic hang-up on CPC, silence, busy signal, or time out
- Selectable auto answer feature for monitoring
- Programmable VOX (mic/speaker) switching speed
- Blue LED helps locate push button, indicate ringing and off hook