Gentex GN-503 Combination Photoelectric Smoke & Carbon Monoxide AlarmThe GN-503 is a photoelectric smoke and carbon monoxide alarm meant for use as an evacuation device in all dwelling units, including (but not limited to) homes, apartments, hospitals, hotels, motels, and other commercial occupancies.
This photoelectric smoke/CO alarm comes with a 9VDC alkaline battery for electrical backup in the event of a power outage. Battery impedance is verified and the alarm alerts users when the battery is low or missing. The battery drawer makes battery replacement easy without having to remove the unit from the wall or ceiling.
The Gentex GN-503 has both a self and functionality test feature that ensures the device is working in compliance with NFPA 72 and UL Standards.
The GN-503 provides a Temporal 3 evacuation tone for smoke alarms and all units provide Temporal 4 tones for CO alarm annunciation. The Temporal 3 evacuation tone for smoke alarm takes precedence over the Temporal 4 tone for CO alarms.
- GN-503 available in 120VAC with 9VDC battery back-up
- Horn frequency 3100 Hz (nominal)
- Meets sensitivity requirements ofANSI/UL 2034
- F Model:One (1) set of Form A/Form C contacts that activate for smoke and/or CO events
- FF Model: Two (2) sets of Form A/Form C contacts that activate independently for smoke and CO events
- Relay contacts operate on battery back-up
- Push button self test feature
- Push button functional test feature
- Quick-disconnect wiring harness
- Non-latching (self restoring) alarm
- Fully insect protected
- Red LED pulses every 30 seconds, green LED for AC power on
- Mounting hardware adapts to standard junction boxes, including but not limited to 4x4x2-1/8 octagon
- Dust cover to prevent contamination during installation
- Low or missing battery indicator
- 1 year warranty from date of purchase
- 5 year limited warranty on CO sensor
- Additional Smoke Alarm Features
-Photoelectric smoke sensing technology
-Temporal 3 evacuation sounding pattern for smoke annunciation
-Nominal 2.5% sensitivity (smoke)
-Solid state red LED to indicate smoke presence
- Additional CO Alarm Features
-Temporal 4 sounding pattern for CO annunciation
-End of life signal indicates CO sensor has reached depletion state and unit must be replaced