You are here: Knowledge Base > Vista-20P Control Panel
How Do I Program a Vista-20P Duress Code?
Last Updated: 11/06/2013
First, you need to create your own 4-digit user code.
We recommend a number you (and your family) can easily remember when faced with a high-pressure situation, should a break-in occur while you're home.
Once you have your code, follow these instructions:
1. Make sure your system is disarmed
2. Type in your master code on your alarm keypad
3. Press the number "8"
4. Type in a two digit user number that you're assigning to the code*
Remember: "01" is the installer code and "02" is the master code. Pick an available sub user code between 03-49.
5. Type in your 4-digit duress code. The keypad will beep to show that you've added a new sub user code. The next step is to identify this as your duress code.
6. Enter your master code again
7. Press the "8" key
8. Enter your two digit user number
9. Press the "#" key / Then the "1" key / Then the "3" key
Congratulations! Your duress code is now successfully programmed and ready to use should a break-in occur. To test your duress code, make sure you contact central station first. The operator will walk you through the necessary steps to make sure they receive the duress code signal.
Remember, this duress code is for EMERGENCIES ONLY. An operator will not call your house to check if it's a false alarm; they will only dispatch police. That's why it's imperative that you inform all everyone entrusted with this code that it only be used in emergency situations.