Viking CTG2 Advanced Clock Controlled Tone / Message Generator
Also known as: VK-CTG2
Vikings model CTG2 is an advanced clock controlled tone/message generator designed to provide accurately timed tones and/or messages over your existing paging system. This provides a cost effective way of signaling school period changes, factory shifts, breaks, lunch periods, etc.
The CTG2 has four programmable trigger inputs which are ideal for triggering emergency alert tones/messages to indicate fire evacuation, severe weather, lock down, all clear or can be used in store castor applications for customer service required announcements, etc. The CTG2 comes equipped with up to 6 minutes of CD quality WAV file audio storage for up to 14 different tone/messages. The unit is factory loaded with common school, business and factory tones but can be programmed with your custom tones/messages or updated from the list of Wav files from the Viking web site.
The CTG2 can be programmed with up to 14 schedules and up to 1,000 events allowing you to program an entire year or multiple years of schedules in advance. Once programmed you can change the CTG2s schedules or turn the unit on or off remotely from any touch tone phone. The CTG2s extremely accurate time base can be manually synchronized, synchronized with 50 or 60 Hz power or can be programmed to periodically synchronize to the Atomic clock via its internal modem.
The CTG2 comes with programming software and a USB port to allow PC programming of timed events, schedules, Atomic clock synchronization, wave file down load, message volume, day light savings time, leap year, auxiliary relay control, etc.
- Up to 14 Schedules and up to 1,000 Events
- 6 minutes of CD quality WAV file record time
- Up to 14 different tones or messages
- 4 programmable trigger inputs for emergency tones, etc.
- Automatic Day light savings time and leap year correction
- Programmable Atomic Clock synchronization
- USB PC programming software included
- Non-volatile memory with 4 hour clock back up
- Factory loaded with school & factory tones
- Remote phone programming for on/off and schedule change
- Page trigger outputs (12VDC and DPDT relay)
- Programmable Auxiliary relay contacts (DPDT)
- 24 hour digital clock displays hours & minutes
- One mono line level pre-amp input and two audio outputs
- Built-in 2 watt mono audio amplifier
- Master volume control
- Programmable volume control per tone/message
- Time base selection: Atomic clock, 50/60Hz or internal
- Programmable message repeat count for trigger inputs
- RS485 clock SYNC terminals for future remote clock control
- Internal Clock Backup Time: 4 hours
- Power: 120V AC/13.8V AC 1.25A UL listed adapter provided, max
- current draw: 650mA
- Dimensions: 210mm x 159mm x 45mm (8.25 x 6.25 x 1.75)
- Weight: 1.5 Kg (3.2 lbs)
- Environmental: 0C to 32C (32F to 90F) with 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity
- Preamp (Audio 1/2) Output: 6V RMS across 600 ohms
- Paging Amplifier Output: 2 watts - powers up to (3) 8 ohm or (16) 45 ohm speakers Sound Pressure: 100 dB @ 1 meter (loud electronic warble from 25AE paging horn)
- REN: 0.0 B
- Maximum Speaker Output Wire Run: 91m (300 ft), 18 AWG
- Maximum Load on Page Trigger Output: 1K ohm
- WAV File Resolution: 16 bit or 8 bit
- WAV File Sampling Rate: 44.1K, 22K or 11K
- Time Base: 50/60 Hz or internal with atomic clock sync Internal Time Base Accuracy: +/- 2ppm (63 seconds per year) without Atomic Clock Sync or manual adjustment
- Connections: 31 screw terminal block positions, (1) type B USB jack
Average rating: 5.0, based on
For more information about the Viking Electronics CTG2, please contact us.