System Sensor PIBV2 Supervisory Switch for P.I. and B.C. ValvesSystem Sensors PIBV2 supervisory switch monitors the open position of post indicator and butterfly control valves.
The PIBV2s rugged housing is intended for indoor and outdoor use. When installed with the actuator in the vertical position, the PIBV2 is NEMA 3R rated per UL.
The PIBV2 features a flexible design, which accommodates post indicator, butterfly, and many other types of wall post, recessed wall post and pressure reducing valves. The PIBV2s unique bi-directional actuator allows the unit to be installed in either rising or falling flag installations.
Installation is made easier with the PIBV2s single side conduit entrance. By providing a direct conduit pathway to the electrical source, right angle fittings are not required. Installation is further simplified by the PIBV2s adjustable length actuator with a convenient breakaway feature for installation on shorter valves. This eliminates the need for cutting the shaft.
The PIBV2 has 100 percent synchronization which activates the alarm panel and local bell simultaneously. In addition, the switch is designed to operate in temperatures ranging from 40F to 120F (40C to 49C). The PIBV2 is equipped with tamper resistant cover screws to prevent unauthorized entry. Inside, two sets of SPDT (Form C) synchronized switches are enclosed in a durable terminal block to assure reliable performance.
- NEMA 3R rated enclosure
- Bi-directional actuator
- Easy single side conduit entry
- Adjustable length actuator with breakaway feature
- Built to accommodate up to 12 AWG wire
- Two sets of SPDT contacts enclosed in a durable terminal block
- 100 percent synchronization activates alarm panel and local bell simultaneously
- Operating temperature range -40 degreesF to 120 degreesF (-40 degreesC to 49 degreesC)
- Tamper resistant cover screws