Patents, Approvals, and Listings
- UNL and MUNL - Underwriter's Laboratories: File R18923
- UNL and MUNL - Windstorm Latching Hardware (ZHEM)
- UL/cUL GXAY.R18923 /GXAY7.R18923
- UL ZHEM.R25219
- UL10C Listed
- UL listed to ANSI/ SDI-BHMA A250.13(60 PSI) Windstorm
- UL Certificate of Compliance (CoC)
- CAN4-S104, CAN/ULC Listed
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31, Grade 1; E09321,E09322, E09323
- NFPA-252 fire door compliant
- ASTM-E152 fire door compliant
- GXAY and GXAY7 Electric Strike for Fire Door (UL 10B & UL 10C)
- Patent Numbers: #5,474,342, #6,022,056, #6,581,991
The MUNL is a 2lb (0.91kg) mortises unlatch strike, which is used where an electric strike would be used for a mortise type lock. This is a revolutionary new type of strike will eliminate the necessity to perform a routing operation for installation. It will also be completely concealed, which not only enhances the appeal of the strike but improves security as an intruder is less able to determine the type of security used on the door. The operating temperature goes from -20 to +125F [-29 to +52C] which makes it work well both in and outdoors. Before installing, be sure that the latch is a mortise type. This will include a square-shaped spring latch and a "pin" called the dead latch pins or guard bolt which may be positioned either above or below the spring latch. Note, that if the mortise lock assembly includes a deadbolt, the deadbolt will not be operable.
For installation instructions, click here
Outside of the colors, there are two models, one that’s the MUNL-12 which has 12VDC and the MUNL-24 with 24VDC. Add –US3 for the polished brass finish and -10B for the oiled bronze finish.
For architectural specifications, click here
This product fits standard ANSI 4-7/8” strike cutout and functions with all North American mortise locks (Sargent 7800 and 8200, which require tab kit model #STK-1 for retrofit installations). There is no cutting or altering of the jamb or the side post or surface of the doorway required. Its current draw and voltage come in two varieties 12VDC: 40mA continuous, minimum 700mA when operating, and 24VDC: 40mA continuous, minimum 500mA when operating.