Secura Key RKDT-WM Proximity Reader, 125 kHz, S-Mini-Mullion, Wiegand, Black Housing
Also known as: ST-RKDTWM
The Radio Key RKDT dual technology card readers feature compact, weather-resistant, surface mounted housings.
The RKDT-WM adds HID prox card compatibility with many formats to the popular Radio Key proximity readers. It can be used where HID and Secura Key cards are combined at the same facility, or where customers are transitioning from HID to Secura Key. The reader can be set to read either technology or both, and following a transition period, reading capability for either technology can be turned off.
The RKDT-WM works with Secura Key 26 or 32-bit cards, as well as HID passive cards with non-proprietary 26 37 bit pass-through formats. Contact the factory for additional details.
The RKDT-WM has an SIA Standard Wiegand output and transmits data in virtually any Wiegand format up to 40 bits, so it is compatible with most telephone entry systems and access control panels, including the Secura Key SK-ACP. Industry standard wire colors and functions, and 5VDC operation allows easy upgrade of existing Wiegand interface readers including Wiegand swipe, TOUCH CARD (barium ferrite) or magstripe technologies, as well as replacement of existing HID readers.
The RKDT-WM has a mullion-mount housing which fits a standard door frame, features a permanently attached wire pigtail, and has a label insert that snaps over the reader housing to conceal the mounting screws.
The readers have individual control lines for red and green LEDs and the internal buzzer, as well as a Hold line which suppresses Wiegand output when asserted, and transmits the last card read when released.
- Mullion mount
- Reads Secura Key and most HID 125 KHz passive proximity cards and tags (non-proprietary formats)
- Epoxy potted for extreme weather conditions
- Transition feature allows Secura Key or HID card reading capability to be enabled or disabled
- External LED and Buzzer Controls
- Low Voltage for Easy Upgrades
- SIA Standard Wiegand Output -- works with any Standard Access Control Panel
- Industry Standard Wire Colors and Functions for Easy Upgrade or Replacement
- UL294, FCC and CE Regulatory Approvals