Schlage M490 Single Door Electromagnetic Lock
Also known as: LC-M490
M400 Series electromagnetic locks from Schlage are designed with the customer in mind to be robust, easy-to-install, and secure. The unique bayonet mounting feature makes installation easier, allowing the installer to have their hands free during the mounting process.
All M400 Series electromagnetic locks are symmetrical with field-selectable handing, allowing optimum placement of the magnet no matter the application. They are designed to provide automatic voltage sensing for 12 and 24 volts along with polarity protection to make wiring less complex. M490 models are tested and certified to meet or exceed UL 1034 and BHMA 1500 lb hold force requirements.
The M490 electromagnetic locks come in four configurations to meet your specific security needs. Single and double door models are offered in standard configurations. Plus versions of these models with P designations add intelligent sensing and reporting features needed to integrate with access control systems along with additional available options. Kits are also available for top jam, double door, and glass door applications.
- Single door
- 1500 lb. hold force rating for maximum security applications
- Plus models offer magnetic bond sensor (MBS), adjustable relock time delay (RTD) and door position switch (DPS)
- Automatic voltage selection (AVS)
- Symmetrical design with field-selectable handing for optimum placement
- Bayonet mount simplifies installation by eliminating the need to hold lock overhead while securing
- Armature mount pivot feature compensates for slight opening imperfections
- Optional mounting kits available for top jamb mount, double door and Herculite glass doors
- Aluminum housing in 628 satin finish
- ANSI/BHMA 156.23 Grade 1, UL 1034, UL 10C, cUL, CFSM certifications
- Limited lifetime warranty on magnetic coil assembly