Honeywell Ademco VISTA-20P Burglar Alarm Control Panel
Also known as: VISTA20P, VISTA-20P
The Honeywell Vista 20P is the center-piece of the Vista alarm control panels.
In a Nutshell...
The Vista 20P's versatility and wide array of features make it great for homes and small commercial settings, like storefronts or small offices. It supports up to 48 zones and 2 partitions, with cellular communicator compatibility. The circuit board is housed inside a beige, metal cabinet, and runs off AC power with a battery back-up. It can be outfitted with a number of Honeywell devices, including wireless receivers, alarm sounders, and alarm keypads that allow users to customize the panel to fit their specific needs.
It can support up to 48 zones...
The Vista 20P supports 8 hardwired zones on the panel and 40 wireless zones that can be accessed by a wireless receiver, like the 5881ENH.
The panel includes a "zone doubling" feature that can expand total zone support from 8 to 15 without the need of a wireless receiver. Zone expanders, like the 4219 8-zone expander, can be used in multiples to build up to 48 total hardwired zones.
Works with wired and wireless alarm keypads...
The Vista 20P does not have a built-in keypad, like the LYNX Touch and LYNX Plus LYNX Plus, so the user is required to install one separately. Wired, alphanumeric keypads, like the 6160, are recommended for use when handling basic system programming and more complex *56 zone programming because of the keypad's easy-to-navigate display. Take it a step further by getting the 6160RF keypad/wireless receiver, which not only gives you full system programmability but a built-in 5881ENH wireless receiver as well that lets you support the Vista 20P's 40 wireless zones. You have the option to install up to 8 console keypads or 4 touchscreen keypads, like the Tuxedo Touch and the Tuxedo Touch wireless. It's also compatible with wired keypads, like the 6150, 6150RF, and 6160V.
Read more about programming a Honeywell keypad with the proper device address.
Furthermore, the Vista 20P supports up to 16 wireless key fob buttons.
It has 2 programmable partitions...
which allows you to separate your system into two customized areas of protection, with different user codes, detectors, and sensors. There is also an option of establishing a 3rd "common" partition. Click here to see why partitioning is important for your home or business.
Powered by an AC transformer and a back-up Battery
The Vista 20P operates off of an 120VAC power transformer which is wired into terminals 1 and 2 on the panel and can be plugged in to a standard wall outlet. Back-up power is provided by a 12VDC, 4AH sealed lead-acid battery which supports the system for 24 hours after a power outage.
Alarm sirens can tie in to terminals 3 and 4 for 12VDC, 2.0 amp power. During an intrusion, the burglar alarm creates a constant output when triggered; the fire alarm pulses. Zone devices can access auxiliary power up to 12VDC and 600mA in terminals 4 and 5.
Supports dual-path communication with central monitoring
Traditional phone lines for communicating to central monitoring are wired to terminals 21-24. However, as home telephone lines become less popular, users are recruiting the help of the 7847i Internet Communicator and cellular communicators, like the GSMV4G, to create additional communication lines to central monitoring.
Read more installing an IP communicator.
- Partitions let you split your home or office into two, separate areas of protection
- Panel uses two sources of power (AC plug and back-up battery) which allow the system to continue operating even after a power outage
- Supports 48 zones that the user can program
- Offers dual-path monitoring in the form of GSM/Cellular communication and Internet Communication to central-station
- It does not include a built-in keypad. But the 6160RF keypad/wireless receiver can be easily added to handle basic programming, advanced zone programming, AND give you access the Vista 20P's 40 wireless zones.
- It does not include an IP Communicator. Luckily, the Vista 21iP does! It has all the same features at the 20P, plus the communicator. Honeywell also offers the GSM4G cellular communicator which is specially designed to snap right onto the Vista 21iP Control Panel.
- It's surprisingly affordable. When customers see the low price, they equate that to low quality. But this is not the case with the Vista 20P. Honeywell didn't earn its reputation for great security products overnight -- it did, however, earn it by offering the highest-quality products at competitive prices.
Don't forget to read all of the FAQ's in our Vista-20P knowledge base! And of course feel free to call us any time with additional questions.
- IP alarm reporting and uploading/ downloading capability for Internet and Intranet use via iGSMV4G, 7845i-ENT, GSMV4G or GSMX4G
- Supports four graphic touchscreen keypads
- Wireless keys can be programmed without using zones
- Eight on-board hardwired zones standard (15 when Zone Doubling feature is used)
40 hardwire expansion zones
40 wireless expansion zones
- Two low current on-board trigger outputs
- 100 Event Log viewable at system keypads with time/date stamp
- 48 system user codes assignable to either partition
- Expandable to 48 total zones when used with hardwired and/or wireless expansion modules
- Two independent partitions plus a common partition
Global Arming from any system keypad
Go to function to view or operate one partition from the other
Separate partition account numbers
- 16 output devices
Relays (Model 4204 Relay Modules, or 4229 Expansion Module)
- Four installer-configurable zone types allows the installer to create custom zone types by assigning all zone attributes
- Supports four-wire and up to 16 two-wire smokes
Works with Sentrol CleanMe maintenance signal
- Multiple actions on output devices depending on system state
Turns lights off when system arms
Turns the same light on when system disarms
Flashes same lights when system is in alarm
- Built-in phone line cut monitor with programmable delay and annunciation options
Display on system keypads
Trigger local sounders
Trigger system bell
- BATTERY NOT INCLUDED