How do I install a 260-CO detector using the 250-COPLT adapter plate?
Last Updated: 12/03/2013
2. Hold the 250-COPLT adapter plate against the wall, then trace the perimeter square holes and mark the location of the two screw holes
3. Cut out the square perimeter holes
4. Use wall anchors (if necessary) and install the two screws on the screw marks.
5. Mount the adapter plate
6. Insert a small, flathead screwdriver into the left side slot on the detector and open the cover of the detector
7. Fish the wires through the perimeter square holes on the adapter plate and the detector base
8. Strip 3/8 inch of insulation from each wire being connected
9. Follow the instructions laid out in your installation manual on how to wire the 260-CO terminals properly
10. Tighten screws to attach the detector base to the wall plate
11. Snap on the detector cover
12. Connect to power. A green LED will flash for four seconds, followed by a steady pulse. Test your detector to make sure it's working properly.
5800CO Carbon Monoxide Detector