How do I install a GE Security 260-CO Carbon Monoxide Detector?
Last Updated: 12/03/2013
By Petra Paulson
2. Insert a small, flathead screwdriver into the left side slot on the detector and pop open the detector cover
3. Use the base to mark screw holes. Then insert screws. (use wall anchors if necessary)
4. Thread wires through the square holes in the base and mount the base on screws
5. Strip 3/8 inch of insulation for every wire being connected
6. Follow the instructions laid out on page 5 in your installation manual on how to wire the 260-CO terminals properly
7. Tighten screws on the base
8. Snap on the detector cover
9. Connect to power. A green LED will flash for four seconds, followed by a steady pulse
10. Test your detector to make sure it's working properly.
GE Security 260-CO w/ 250-CO-PLT Adapter Plate Kit
Macurco CM-6 Carbon Monoxide Detector