MAGNASPHERE HSS SeriesImprove the level of security and cost of your security sensors with L2 sensors from the MAGNASPHERE HSS series. These high-security sensors are the standards for sensitive compartmented information facilities such as aviation, government, military, cannabis or pharmaceutical facilities. HSS devices can also be found in safes, vaults, and other high-level security applications. The ICD 705 sets the standards for these facilities and require them to adhere to HSS Level 2 devices only.
In the HSS series, you can find the L2S single and L2D dual alarm contacts featuring embedded EOL resistors (available with a variety of configurations and values) and other installation features that will save time and money on labor. All contacts come as a surface mount but can be configured for concealed sensors with the L2C series. L2C is highly favored because of its appealing design and enhanced security that comes with concealing sensors to prevent tampering.
All products from the HSS series are tested and listed to UL634 Level 2 standards to offer the ultimate in security. To obtain this level of security, HSS devices have to go through 40 tests. The first set of the test covers balanced magnetic switches (BMS). Devices made with BMS offer higher security than standard contacts but arent high security until they go through 8 more testing criteria to achieve UL-634 Level 1.
Here are the testing criteria for UL-634 Level 1 standard:
- Pass a detection test that measures activation distances
- Pass a compromise test in regards to enclosures
- Pass a compromise test in regards to mercury and mechanical switches
- Pass a compromise test in regards to magnetic switches
- Ensure electrical protection against tampering
- Ensure mechanical protection against tampering
To achieve UL-634 Level 2, a standard required by the intelligence community, HSS devices must meet an additional eight testing criteria:
- Equipment must be made with Balanced Magnetic Switches (BMS)
- Go through a nuisance alarm test
- Must pass cover or enclosure tamper test when possible
- Must pass a magnet assembly cover removal alarm test when possible
- Pass a switch assembly removal tamper test when possible
- Pass a foreign magnetic field tamper alarm test
- Pass an external magnetic field compromise test
Offer the ultimate level of security in your establishment with MAGNASPHERE's next generation of high-security sensors from the L2 series HSS.
If you need help making the right product choice with regards to MAGNASPHERE high-security sensors, JMAC support specialists can help. To learn more about these devices or make an order at wholesale pricing, contact JMAC technical specialists at 516-812-0917.