The HES 5000 series is a strong electric strike, designed for openings with limited space behind the jam. This low-profile electric strike uses a keeper pin locking design that gives it more strength than the door into which it is installed. It may be installed in both metal and wood frames
The HES 5000 includes several features:
- UL 1034 anti-burglary standard. This strike has been tested with a series of tests for static strength, dynamic strength, and durability, which means that it is strong enough for outdoor use.
- UL 294 (6th Edition) listed
- MEA New York City accepted
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.31, Grade 1
- RoHS compliant
- Tamper resistant
- User may select either fail secure or fail safe
- Internally mounted solenoid
- Five year limited warranty
- 12 volt DC or AC operation at .12 amps
- 24 volt DC or AC operation at .24 amps
- DC Continuous duty
- AC intermittent duty only
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) friendly device
Power over Ethernet allows for this electric strike to be operated remotely with a low draw power by ethernet connection.
Faceplate options are ordered separately from the HES 5000, and they include several options:
- 501: Square corners and a flat faceplate for use with ANSI metal door jambs 4-7/8" ◊ 1-1/4"
- 501A: Radius corners with a flat faceplate for use with a cylindrical or spring locks in aluminum frames 4-7/8" ◊ 1-1/4"
- 502: Radius corners with a flat faceplate for use with a cylindrical or spring locks in aluminum frames 7-15/16" ◊ 1-7/16"
- 503: Radius corners with a flat faceplate for use with a cylindrical or spring locks in aluminum frames 6-7/8" ◊ 1-1/4"
- 504: Radius corners with a flat faceplate for use with a cylindrical locks in wood installations 10" ◊ 1-3/8"
The HES 5000 is also available as a complete Pac, which includes both 501 faceplate options.
Optional Accessories include:
- Strike latch guard
- Metal template kit
- Plug-in bridge rectifier
- Electrolynx adapter
- Smart Pac III
- Plug-in buzzer
- 5 inch, 1 inch, or 1.25 inch lip extensions.
Each of these lip extensions are stackable and press-fit. They allow the HES 5000 to have more flexibility for use in different applications to meet the needs of each particular jamb width.
The HES 5000 comes with these finishes:
- Satin stainless steel
- Bright brass
- Satin brass
- Satin bronze
- Bronze toned
- Bright stainless steel
The complete pac HES 5000c is only available in satin stainless steel
This Unitís Certifications
The HES 5000 is certified ANSI/BHMA A156.31, Grade 1. Each strike certified by ANSI and tested by BHMA undergoes a series of durability and functionality tests in a laboratory setting. These rigorous tests come in three categories: durability, safety and security, and appearance. A grade 1 certification passes through 500,000 cycles of opening and closing, and it must remain functional. There are seven aggressive safety and security tests that include a 1500 pound static test with the strike at both 100% and 75% of rated voltage. Certified strikes must also be resistant to corrosion, chemicals, sunlight, and other wear and tear so they continue to look good after years of use.
These laboratory tests have shown that this strong and highly durable strike can withstand static strength of 1500 pounds, a dynamic strength of 70 foot-pounds, and last well beyond 500,000 cycles making this strike an excellent choice for safety and endurance.
UL 1034 anti-burglary standard. This strike has been tested with a series of tests for static strength, dynamic strength, and durability, which means that it is strong enough for outdoor use.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive compliant (RoHS) means that this strike does not contain any substances that are banned or limited under this directive as hazardous to people and the environment including materials such as Lead (Pb), Mercury (Hg), Cadmium (Cd), Hexavalent chromium (Cr6+), Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE), Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP).