Edwards Signaling FX-5RD Conventional Fire Alarm System FX-10RD, FX-10R, FX-5RD, FX-5R
Also known as: FX5RD, ED-FX5RD
Edwards Signaling FX-5RD Conventional Fire Alarm Control Panel, Red - 5 Class B IDCs and 2 Class B NACs, 3.5A NAC power, (Pairs of IDCs and NACs convertible to single Class A circuits), upload/download DACT/modem, 120VAC power source, 24VDC output.
Conventional fire alarm systems manufactured by Kidde consist of 5 and 10 zone fire alarm control panels (FACP), an optional integrated upload/download DACT (dialer), intelligent/analog detector features, serial annunciator modules, and serial remote relay modules. All FACPs and components are ANSI/UL 864 ninth edition listed and CSFM/FDNY approved.
These systems include front panel programming, one-person walk testing, and selectable IDC and NAC types in order to simplify installation, operation, and maintenance. In addition, when used with CleanMe-compatible smoke detectors, these control panels provide intelligent type features such as remote maintenance alert and automatic drift compensation, which reduce the likelihood of false alarms and simplify maintenance calls.
Kidde systems are capable of meeting the demands of today's life safety installations while leaving ample room for future expansion. They support Class A operation by combining pairs of on-board IDCs or NACs to create Class A circuits. For instance, the FX-10RD is factory-configured to support ten Class B IDCs and four NACs. However, it can be configured in the field to provide 5 Class A IDCs (no Class B IDCs) and 2 Class A NACs, or any other combination of circuits within the circuit-pairing parameters.
- Available in 5 and 10 zone (IDC) models
- CleanMe feature provides remote annunciation of a dirty detector
- Automatic drift compensation with select detectors reduces false alarms and extends dust life
- Listed to ANSI UL 864 9th Edition
- Models with fully integrated upload/download DAT enables PC programming
- Zone or NAC pairs convertible to single Class A Circuits
- Combination Waterflow and Supervisory IDCs
- NACs programmable by zone and individually selectable for notification appliances, continuous, temporal outputs, or coded
- Front panel programming simplifies installation and servicing
- Precision synchronization with compatible notification appliances and optional audible silence over two wires
- On-board relays for Alarm, Supervisory and Trouble
- Optional serial bus relay modules are programmable for Common, Zone, or Matrix activation
- Optional serial bus remote annunciator familyOne-Person walk-test (audible or silent)
- Optional City Tie and Reverse Polarity Modules
- Trim ring available for semi-flush mounting
- Conventional Fire Alarm Systems