Viking E1600AEWP Emergency Phone with Dialer/Announcer with Enhanced Weather ProtectionMany new building codes require emergency communication in elevators and Area of Refuge sites. Now you can provide added safety for your patrons, employees, and students with the addition of high visibility, ADA Compliant emergency communication. At the simple push of a button, the E-1600A-BLT-EWP will initiate a call to your emergency personnel and send a digital announcement to identify the location of the emergency call. In addition, the tower phones bright (1million candle power) strobe light will instantly begin flashing to deter further activity and make it fast and easy for Police or Security personnel to locate the site of the emergency.
Though the strobe requires external power to operate, rest assured that communication is possible, even during power failures! All phone numbers, location numbers and programming parameters are stored in non-volatile memory. No batteries are required to hold the memory.
The E-1600A-BLT-EWP and E-1600A-BLT2-EWP are equipped with Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP) for outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation. EWP products feature foam rubber gaskets and boots, sealed connections, gel-filled butt connectors, as well as urethane or thermal plastic potted circuit boards with internally sealed, field-adjustable trim pots and DIP switches for easy on-site programming. For more information, see DOD# 859.
- Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP), EWP products are designed to meet IP66 Ingress Protection Rating, see DOD# 859
- Meets ADA requirements for Emergency Phones: Can automatically light the Call Connected LED for the hearing impaired, Transmits a unique location I.D. code or voice announcement and Grade 2 Braille label for the visually impaired
- 16 second non-volatile digital voice announcer
- 1 million candle power blue strobe light
- Advanced call progress detection
- Handsfree operation
- Phone line powered emergency phone (strobe requires power)
- Non-volatile memory (no batteries required)
- Marine grade 316 stainless steel and powder coated aluminum to prevent corrosion
- Dials up to 5 emergency numbers
- Cycles through backup emergency and non-emergency numbers on busy or no-answer
- Hangs up on CPC, silence, busy signal, dial tone, time-out or Touch Tone command
- Programmable to auto-answer on incoming calls
- Remotely programmable
- Extended temperature range (-15F to 130F)
- Central Station Monitoring capability (dials 2 numbers)
- Separate central station voice speed dial number
- Optional PB-100 Polling System available (see page 10)
- High visibility, vandal and weather resistant
- Vandal resistant polycarbonate strobe lens
- Surface mountable