System Sensor BEAM1224 Reflected Type Beam Smoke Detector, 4-Wire, Single-Ended, 8" ReflectorSystem Sensor Model BEAM1224 is a four-wire conventional reflected beam smoke detector, which is uniquely suited for protecting open areas with high ceilings, where other methods of smoke detection are difficult to install and maintain. It is to be used with UL Listed compatible control panels only. An advantage of this single-ended reflective design is that it is much easier to install than the dual-ended projected beam detectors. Alignment is quickly accomplished via an optical sight and a two-digit signal strength meter incorporated into the product. Another advantage of the BEAM1224 is that it is listed for operation in temperatures ranging from 22F to 131F. This means it can be used in open areas to provide early warning in environments where temperature extremes may exceed the capability of other types of smoke detectors.
BEAM1224 consists of a transmitter/receiver unit and a reflector. When smoke enters the area between the unit and the reflector, the smoke causes a reduction in the signal. When the smoke level reaches the predetermined threshold, an alarm is activated.
BEAM1224 has four standard sensitivity selections, along with two Acclimate settings (adjustable sensitivity). When one of the two Acclimate settings is selected, the detector will automatically adjust its sensitivity using advanced software algorithms to choose the optimum sensitivity for the specific environment.
- 16- to 328-foot protection range
- Single-ended, reflective design
- User-friendly alignment procedure
- Six user selectable sensitivity levels
- Optional integral NFPA 72 sensitivity test feature
- Removable plug-in terminal blocks
- Digital display for easy alignment
- Built-in automatic gain control compensates for signal deterioration from dust build-up
- Remote test station option
- Paintable cover
- Easiest alignment in the industry
- Heater kits for transmitter/receiver and reflector option