Muxlab 500028-WP-US Stereo Hi-Fi Wall Balun, USUPC: 627699920282
Also known as: 500028WPUS, 5M-500028WP
The Stereo Hi-Fi Wall Balun (500028-WP-US) allows unbalanced line level stereo analogue audio to be transmitted via Category 5e/6 unshielded copper twisted pair (UTP) in a pointto- point connection. The product is designed for audio applications where full-range, hi-fidelity audio frequency response is required. Used in pairs, the Stereo Hi-Fi Wall Balun eliminates costly and bulky coaxial cable, allowing audio equipment to be connected or moved within a structured cabling environment.
- 20 Hz to 20 KHz bandwidth
- Cost-efficient cabling
- Up to 3,250 ft (1km) via Cat5e/6 UTP
- Quicker moves, adds and changes
- Compatible with Decora face plates
- Environment: Line level unbalanced analogue audio
- Devices: DVD players, satellite receivers, MPEG players, laptops, hi-fidelity stereo audio amplifiers, audio switchers, AV monitors, powered subwoofer and other line level audio equipment
- Transmission: Transparent to the user.
- 3dB Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 KHz over the distance range
- Maximum Input: 1.1Vp-p (unbalanced)
- Insertion Loss per balun pair: Less than 2 dB over the frequency range.
- Common Mode Rejection: Greater than 60 dB @ 1 KHz, Greater than 40 dB over the frequency and distance range
- THD: Maximum 0.007% @ 1 KHz over distance range.
- Audio Source Impedance: 100 ohms maximum
- Audio Receiver Impedance: 10 k ohms minimum
- Max. Distance Cat5e/6 UTP: 3,250 ft (1km)
- Pin Configuration (RJ45) EIA 568 A or B: Audio 1 (White): pins 1[R] & 2 [T], Audio 2 (Red): pins 3 [R] & 6 [T]
- Cable UTP: 24AWG or lower solid copper twisted pair wire, Impedance: 100 ohms at 1 MHz; Maximum capacitance: 20 pf/foot, Attenuation: 6.6 dB/1000 ft at 1 MHz
- Cable Coax: Shielded audio cable
- Connectors: Two (2) RCA-F, One (1) RJ45
- Temperature: Operating: 0 to 55 C. Storage:-20 to 85 C. Humidity: up to 95%
- Enclosure: ABS. Fire retardant plastic
- Dimensions: 4.1 (104 mm) x 1.8 (45.7 mm) x 1.44 (36.6 mm). Choose 1.6 (40 mm) deep back box to allow for Cat 5E/6 wiring connection.
- Weight: 4.1 oz (115 g)