If expensive component video cables are your problem, then Muxlab has a solution you can't afford to ignore!
Uses Cat5 to connect one component video signal while eliminating the need for three coax cables.? A YPrPb signal is created using three pairs of baluns, which then transmit one component video signal.? Transmits component video up to 1,000 feet and composite video up to 2,200 feet.? Great for Cat5 runs that are not terminated with RJ45 connectors.
Muxlab 500021 Component Video BalunUPC: 627699000212
Also known as: 5M-500021
The Muxlab 500021 is a balun that allows a component video signal to be transmitted up to 1,000 feet using inexpensive Cat5 cable.
Not only is Cat5 cabling a more affordable alternative to coaxial, but a single Cat5 cable can be used to replace three, bulkier coax cables, reducing the amount of space taken up by your cabling infrastructure.
- Supports one component of the YPbPr video signal
- Three (3) balun pairs required per YPbPr connection
- Up to 1,000 feet (305m) via Cat 5 UTP
- Gold-plated connector
- Cable strain relief
- Compact design
- Lifetime warranty
- US Design Patent #D495,320
- Environment: Component (YPbPr) video (480I, 480p). Composite video (NTSC, PAL, SECAM)
- Enclosure: ABS fire retardant plastic
- Dimensions: 2.30 x 0.62 x 0.62 (5.8 x 1.6 x 1.6 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 oz (42.5gm)