Is there a quick way to test my GD-6 combustible gas detector?
Last Updated: 12/09/2013
By Petra Paulson
2. Make sure the detector is placed in an area with clean air and low airflow
3. Make sure the green indicator light is illuminated
4. Make sure "On" appears on the display, and there's a 0% LEL reading in the clean air.
5. Locate the DO NOT PAINT label. Beneath it, is a grate. Aim the cigarette lighter into the grate and release the gas (do not light the gas).
6. The display should start detecting increased concentrations of gas after a few seconds.
7. Remove the lighter. The LEL will drop to 0%, and settings can now be programmed.
GD-2A Combustible Fixed Gas Detector