UTC (Formerly GE Security/ESL) 350CX AC/DC 120VAC Smoke Detector
Also known as: ES-350CX, GES-350CX
The UTC 350CX is an AC/DC 120VAC Photoelectric Smoke Detector with integrated sounder.
This single/multiple station photoelectric smoke alarm is ideal for use in residential occupancies, including hotels, motels, and dormitories. It is compatible with existing 320 Series wiring and can be connected in tandem up to twelve units. If one unit detects smoke, all other interconnected alarms will trigger.
A test/silence button on the front of the alarm makes for quick and easy device testing and alarm silencing. The UTC 350CX is self-monitoring and warns when the sensor isn't functioning properly. The entire 350 series meets NFPA 72 field sensitivity requirements without the need for external meters.
The UTC 350CX has a battery backup that can sustain power to the smoke detector for 46 continuous hours during a prolonged power outage.
The photoelectric alarm detects smoldering fire faster than ionization alarms. Since smoldering fire is one of the most prevalent types of residential fires, photoelectric alarms are the more logical choice.
- Built-in 85dB temporal sounder
- Up to 12 units can be interconnected
- Low profile design blends in with any environment
- Backward compatible with existing ESL 320 wiring
- Test and hush feature
- Field replaceable optical chamber for quick and easy maintenance
- Voltage: 120 VAC at 60 Hz
- Current: 130 mA max.
- Sensitivity: 0.83%/ft. min. to 2.46%/ft. max.
- Operating temperature: 40 to 100F (0 to 55C)
- Operating humidity: 0 to 95%, noncondensing
- Sounder: 85 dB at 10 ft. (305 cm)
- Relay time delay: 5 seconds (nominal)
- Contacts: 1 A at 30 VDC, 120 VAC resistive
- Dimensions: 6.0 in. (15.2 cm) diameter, 2.0 in. (6.4 cm) deep
- Weight: 9.6 oz.
- Battery: 9 V akline Duracell, type MN1604
- Listings: UL 217, CSFM, MEA
For more information about the UTC (Formerly GE Security/ESL) 350CX, please contact us.