Potter Amseco PS-24 Conventional Photoelectric Smoke Detector
Also known as: PS24, PL-PS24
The Potter Amseco PS-24 is a photoelectric smoke detector that utilizes two bi-colored LEDs for status indication.
In a normal standby condition, the LEDs flash green every 3 seconds. When the detector senses that its sensitivity has drifted outside the UL listed sensitivity window the LEDs will flash red every 3 seconds. When the detector senses smoke and sounds an alarm, the status LEDs will latch on red.
The PS-24 can be used in all areas where Photoelectric Smoke Detectors are required. The wide range smoke chamber makes the PS-24 well suited for fires ranging from smoldering to flaming fires.
- Low profile, 1.8 high (with base)
- 2 or 4 wire base compatibility, relay bases available
- Highly stable operation, RF/Transient protection
- Low standby current, 45 A at 24 VDC
- Two built-in power/sensitivity supervision/alarm LEDs
- Non-directional smoke chamber
- Vandal resistant security locking feature
- Built-in magnetic go/no go detector test feature
- Removable smoke labyrinth for cleaning or replacement
- Automatic Sensitivity window verification function meets outlined requirements in NFPA 72, Chapter 7, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance
- Compatible with IS-24 ionization detectors
- Backwards compatible with Potter PS and IS detectors.
- Compatible with Potter releasing controls