Say hello to the Power-Thru Converter Balun and kiss all that bulky cabling goodbye!
This provides 2,200 feet of video and remote power to CCTV cameras. Capable of converting 24VAC to 12VDC from 24VAC central power supplies. This balun is installed on the camera side and works best with the 500024, 500136, or 500130 hubs.
Muxlab 500024-CNV CCTV Power-Thru Converter Balun
Also known as: 500024CNV, 5M-500024CNV
The Muxlab 500024-CNV CCTV Power-Thru Converter Balun allows video and remote power to be transmitted via one 4-pair Cat 5e/6 cable, thus eliminating the need to install multiple cables for more efficient cabling in the analog CCTV security and surveillance environment. Additionally, the product converts 24VAC to 12VDC to allow 12VDC cameras to be remotely powered from a central 24VAC CCTV power supply. The CCTV Power-Thru Converter Balun is installed at the camera side and works in conjunction with MuxLabs CCTV Power-Thru Balun (500024), Passive CCTV Power Integrator Hub (500136) or Passive CCTV Hub (500130) for a complete cabling solution.
- Video and remote power via one 4-pair Cat 5e/6 cable
- Converts 24VAC to 12VDC/400mA at the camera
- Video up to 2,200 ft (670m) via Cat 5e/6 UTP
- Transmits 24VAC up to 795 ft (242m) @ 400mA max
- Installed at the camera side
- Works with 500024/130/124/126/127/136
- Shorter distances may result with certain models of DVR
- Environment: Baseband video; NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Devices: Close-circuit TV (CCTV) cameras , monitors, switchers, sequencers, multiplexers, digital video recorders (DVR) and other CCTV equipment.
- Transmission: Transparent to the user.
- Bandwidth: DC to 8 MHz.
- Impedance: Input: 75 ohms (BNC); Output: 100 ohms (RJ45)
- Maximum Input: 1.1Vp-p
- Insertion Loss: Less than 2 dB per pair over the frequency range from DC to 8 MHz
- Return Loss: Greater than 15 dB over the frequency range from DC to 8 MHz
- Common Mode Rejection: Greater than 40 dB @ 8 MHz
- Max. Distance - Color: Cat 3 1,200 ft (365m); Cat 5e/6 2,200 ft. (670m) (Certain models of DVR may yield shorter distances of 1,000 to 1,500 ft); Max. Distance - Black & White Cat 3 1,500 ft (457m); Cat 5e/6 2,500 ft (762m)
- Remote Power: 24 VAC IN converted to 12VDC OUT
- Wiring Remote: power via three (3) twisted pairs. Class II power supply recommended.
- Input Voltage: 13 to 30VAC/DC
- Output Voltage/Current: 12 VDC/400 mA
- Max. Distance: 795 ft. (242m) with 24VAC or 1,113 ft. (339m) with 28VAC (With a Maximum Consumption of 400mA)
- Cable UTP: 24 AWG or lower solid copper twisted pair wire impedance: 100 ohms at 1 MHz; Maximum capacitance: 20 pf/foot. Attenuation: 6.6 dB/1000 ft at 1 MHz
- Cable Coax: Impedance: 75 at 1 MHz. (RG59/U). Max. 25 ft. of coax allowed end to end.
- Connectors: Video: BNC-male 8 mini-coax lead Power: 2-wire 18AWG lead
- Pin Configuration (Signal /RJ45 Pin Cable/Lead Color): Power A 1 (common with 3&5) Red, Power B 2 (common with 4&6) Black, Power A 3 (common with 1&5) Red, Power B 4 (common with 2&6) Black, Power A 5 (common with 1&3) Red, Power B 6 (common with 2&4) Black, Video BNC Center (Tip) 7 [T] opposite to 500000 Mini-coax, Video BNC Ground (Ring) 8 [R] opposite to 500000 Mini-coax
- Temperature: Operating: 0 to 55C. Storage:-20 to 85C. Humidity: up to 95%
- Enclosure: ABS fire retardant plastic
- Dimensions: 2.4 (6.1cm) x 2.25 (5.5cm) x 1.0 (2.5cm) plus cable leads; 8 (20cm) for video; 10 (25.4cm) for power lead
- Weight: 1.95 oz (55 gms)
Average rating: 5.0, based on
For more information about the Muxlab 500024-CNV, please contact us.