Edwards Signaling 283B-PL Heat Detector, Fixed, 135F Temp Rating
Also known as: 283BPL, ED-283BPL
The EDWARDS-SIGNALING-283B-PL is a fixed temperature detector. The heat detector is available with a white plastic reversible mounting plate which can be used for flush or surface mounting.
The fixed temperature feature of the 283B-PL has a rated temperature of 135F, which when activated, closes contacts in the sensor and transmits an alarm condition to the fire alarm control panel.
The 283B-PL's fixed temperature element is non-restorable and, when activated, the detector must be replaced. The need for replacement is indicated when the center disk has fallen free from the detector.
The 283B-PL is ideal for environments where rapid fire development can be expected.
- UL listed for 50 ft. (15.2m) spacing
- Single pole normally open contact
- Low profile with mounting plate
- Pure white finish
- Mounting flexibility with screw terminals
- Easy twist-on installation
- On-site testing of rate-of-rise feature
- Positive operating indication for fixed temperature element