UTC (Formerly GE Security/Edwards) 282B-PL 194 Degree Heat Detector
Also known as: 282BPL, ED-282BPL
The EDWARDS-SIGNALING-282B-PL is a combination fixed temperature/rate-of-rise detector. The heat detector is available with a white plastic reversible mounting plate which can be used for flush or surface mounting.
The 282B-PL's rate-of-rise operates with an increase at the sensor of 15F (9C) or more per minute. This closes the contacts in the sensor to transmit the alarm condition to the fire alarm control panel. When the rate-of-rise element alone has been activated, the sensor is self-restoring.
The fixed temperature feature of the 282B-PL has a rated temperature of 194F, which when activated, closes contacts in the sensor and transmits an alarm condition to the fire alarm control panel.
- UL listed for 50 ft. (15.2m) spacing
- Single pole normally open contact
- Low profile with mounting plate
- Pure white finish
- Mounting flexibility with screw terminals
- Easy twist-on installation
- On-site testing of rate-of-rise feature
- Positive operating indication for fixed temperature element
- Agency Listings UL, FM, CSFM