System Sensor OSY2 Supervisory Switch UPC: 783863001635
Also known as: BK-OSY2
The System Sensor OSY2 is used to monitor the open position of an Outside Screw and Yoke (OS&Y) type gate valve.
The OSY2 consists of a rugged housing, intended for indoor and outdoor use. When installed with the actuator in the vertical position, the OSY2 is NEMA 3R rated per UL.
The OSY2 features a user-friendly mounting bracket and adjustable shaft to permit mounting to most OS&Y valves, ranging in size from 1 to 12. Its right angle design and wide bracket span provides maximum clearance for valve components, to accommodate troublesome valves. Removing the OSY2s gate valve bracket allows the unit to monitor side-bracket-style pressure reducing valves.
Installation is made easier with the OSY2s single side conduit entrance. By providing a direct conduit pathway to the electrical source, right angle fittings are not required. Installation is further simplified by the OSY2s adjustable length actuator, which eliminates the need for cutting the shaft.
The OSY2 is equipped with tamper-resistant cover screws to prevent unauthorized entry. Inside, two sets of SPDT (Form C) synchronized switches are enclosed in a durable terminal block to assure reliable performance.
- User-friendly mounting bracket fits newer valve yokes
- Single side conduit entry does not require right angle fittings
- Adjustable length actuator eliminates the need for cutting the shaft
- Accommodates up to 12 AWG wire
- Three position switch monitors vandal and valve close signals
- Two SPDT contacts are enclosed in a durable terminal block for added strength
- 100 percent synchronization activates both alarm panel and local bell simultaneously