System Sensor CO1224T Carbon Monoxide Detector, 12/24V, 4-WireThe System Sensor CO1224T CO detector provides early warning by using electrochemical sensing technology to measure carbon monoxide levels in the air.
The CO gas sensing cell of the CO1224T CO detector can be tested using a carbon monoxide gas agent. Simply hold the test button for two seconds. After the alarm cycle (temp 4) the green LED will flash about once per second, indicating that the detector is ready to accept CO for testing. Spray a small amount of CO into the detector per the installation instructions, and within seconds the detector will alarm, indicating successful gas entry.
If a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide is detected, the CO1224T detector will alert residents by sounding and flashing a temp-4 signal alarm. Protection is guaranteed 24/7 by a central station, regardless of whether residents are away from home, sleeping or already suffering from the effects of CO.
This specific device is designed for system operation. The detector is fully listed to UL 2075. It offers a code required trouble relay to send a sensor failure or end-of-life signal to the control panel and the central station. It also uses SEMS-type terminal Philips head screws to provide a quicker and more positive wiring connection and code required wiring supervision. The CO1224T detector offers a low current draw, allowing more devices to be connected to the panel without having to purchase a more expensive panel or an extra power supply.
The CO1224T model will operate on most industry security and fire alarm control panels because it is a 12/24VDC detector.
- RealTest enables a functional test using canned CO
- Full compliance with UL 2075
- A code-required trouble relay
- Wiring supervision with SEMS terminals
- A six-to-ten year end-of-life timer
- 12/24 VDC
- A low current draw of 20 mA in standby and 40 mA in alarm
- Versatile mounting for wall and ceiling
- Accurate and reliable electrochemical sensing technology
- Optional CO-PLATE CO Detector Replacement Plate to upgrade previously installed competitor detectors to the CO1224T