As the theory goes, when shopping for AV cabling, you usually have to choose between price and quality.? But Muxlab is making that compromise a thing of the past.
Transmit two S-Video signals up to 1,000 feet over Cat5 cable without any signal loss.? Works with Muxlab mounting accessories for improved cost and space efficiency.? S-Video cables are not required for use.? Designed for classroom video training, home and commercial A/V systems, medical video monitoring, and surveillance cameras.
Muxlab 500013 Dual S-Video BalunUPC: 627699000137
Also known as: 5M-500013
The Muxlab 500013 Dual S-Video Balun allows up to two (2) S-Video signals to be transmitted via unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable up to 1,000 ft (305m) in a point-to-point connection. The Dual S-Video Balun fully utilizes the Cat5/6 cable and works in conjunction with MuxLab rack, wall and surface mounting accessories for more cost efficient cabling.
Applications include; classroom video training, commercial and residential AV systems, medical/dental video monitoring, security and surveillance cameras.
- Optimize use of Cat5/6 cable
- Up to 1,000 feet (305m) via Cat 5 UTP
- Greater distance than S-Video cable
- Lifetime warranty
- Environment: S-Video equipment
- Devices: DVD players, VCR, satellite receivers, MPEG players, laptops, notebooks, monitors, LCD projectors, CCD cameras, video switchers, sequencers, digital video servers, video multiplexers, S-Video splitters, S-Video converters and other SVideo equipment.
- Transmission: Transparent to the user.
- Bandwidth: DC to 6 MHz
- Impedance: 75 ohms
- Maximum Input: 1.1Vp-p
- Insertion Loss: Less than 2 dB per pair over the frequency range from DC to 6 MHz
- Return Loss: Better than 15 dB over the frequency range
- Common Mode Rejection: Greater than 40 dB over the frequency range
- Max. Distance Cat5e/6 UTP: 1,000 ft. (305m)
- Pin Configuration (RJ45) EIA 568 A or B: S-Video Luma1: pins 1[R] & 2 [T]; S-Video Chroma1: pins 3[R] & 6 [T]; S-Video Luma2: pins 7[R] & 8 [T]; S-Video Chroma2: pins 4[R] & 5 [T] Reverse Polarity Sensitive
- Cable UTP: 24AWG or lower solid copper twisted pair wire; Impedance: 100 ohms at 1 MHz; Maximum capacitance: 20 pf/foot; Attenuation: 6.6 dB/1000 ft at 1 MHz
- Connectors: Two (2) 4-pin Mini DIN jacks for S-Video, One (1) RJ45 for Cat5/6 UTP cable.
- Temperature: Operating: 0 to 55 C. Storage:-20 to 85 C. Humidity: up to 95%
- Enclosure: Fire retardant plastic, UL94-V0
- Dimensions: 2.40 x 2.25 x 1.00 (6.1 cm x 5.7 cm x 2.54 cm)
- Weight: 1.8 oz (51 gms)