Finally there's a way to get cost-effective VGA connectability in that Lecture hall or Convention!
This pair of baluns transmit VGA signals up to 450 feet.? Includes one male and one female balun for either end of a Cat 5 cable.? With a 6-inch wire lead, it complements the 500010 in a PC-Monitor configuration.
Muxlab 500010-14-PK VGA Balun Kit Includes (1) 500010 VGA Balun II, PC Side, HD15 Plug, 6 Lead & (1) 500014 VGA Balun, Monitor Side, HD15 Plug, 6 LeadUPC: 627699910146
Also known as: 50001014PK, 5M-50001014P
The VGA Balun allows one VGA video channel to be connected via four twisted pairs. Used in pairs, the VGA Balun is used in home or commercial applications as a smart, fast and cost-effective means of connecting VGA displays and projectors using twisted pair instead of coax cable. Ideal for classrooms, lecture halls, auditoriums, retail kiosks, video information displays, on-line advertising, tradeshows, hotel and convention centers, mobile presentations, collaborative viewing.
- Up to 350 feet (106m) via Cat 5 twisted pair @ 800x600 resolution
- Supports up to 1280x1024 pixels
- Works with desktop PCs, CRT monitors, laptops, multimedia projectors, plasma displays, flat panel multimedia displays
- One VGA connector, RJ45 for twisted pair
- Kit includes (1) 500010 VGA Balun, PC Side, HD15 Plug, 6 lead & (1) 500014 VGA Balun, Monitor Side, HD15 Plug, 6 lead
- Environment: VGA. VESA VP&D 1.0, VIP ver 2.0
- Devices: CRT and flat-screen LCD monitors, plasma screens laptops, PCs, multimedia projectors
- Transmission: Transparent to the user
- Bandwidth DC to 60MHz
- Input Signals: Video: 1.1Vp-p Horizontal sync: TTL standard. 300kHz max. bandwidth Vertical sync: TTL standard. 300kHz max. bandwidth
- Insertion Loss: Less than 3 dB per pair over the frequency range
- Common Mode Rejection (CMMR): 15kHz -60dB max. 100kHz to 10MHz -40dB max. 100MHz -20dB max
- Video Signal Return Loss: -15dB max from DC to 60MHz Video Differential Gain +/- 2%
- Video Differential Phase: +/- 2%
- Connectors: RJ45 shielded 500010: HD15 Plug (Connects to VGA output of PC), 6 lead 500011: HD15 Receptacle (Connects to VGA monitor input) 500014: HD15 Plug (Connects to VGA monitor input), 6 lead
- Max. Distance via Cat5e/6 Twisted Pair: VGA: 640x480 pixels (15MHz) 450ft (137m) SXGA: 1280x1024 pixels (100MHz) 200ft (61m) SVGA: 800x600 pixels (30MHz) 350ft (107m) WXGA:1366x768 pixels 180ft (55m) XGA: 1024x768 pixels (60MHz) 250ft (76m)
- RJ45 Pin Configuration Reverse Polarity Sensitive: R Video (Red) Pin 1 (+) Pin 2 (-) Balanced Horiz Sync Pin 3 G Video (Green) Pin 4 (+) Pin 5 (-) Balanced Vert Sync Pin 6 B Video (Blue) Pin 7 (+) Pin 8 (-) Balanced
- Cable: In order to ensure a common signal ground, Cat5e/6 shielded twisted pair (STP) is required. The VGA Balun does not support VGA handshaking and control signals. Therefore it is necessary to set the monitor attributes prior to installing the VGA baluns. In order to do this, first connect the standard VGA cable directly from the PC to the monitor and then set the monitor attributes to the required settings (i.e., resolution, color, etc.). Also, in order to achieve optimum results via twisted pair, set the contrast and brightness levels to maximum
- Impedance: Input: RGB 75 ohms (HD15) Unbalanced Output: RGB 100 ohms (RJ45 shielded) Balanced Horizontal and vertical sync: TTL standard
- Temperature: Operating: 0 to 55 C. Storage:-20 to 85 C. Humidity: up to 95% non-cond.
- Enclosure: ABS fire retardant plastic
- Dimensions: 2.40 x 2.25 x 1.00
- Weight: 500011: 2.34 oz (66 gms). 500010/500014: 3.87 oz (110 gms)
- Mounting: Free-standing. Separate Velcro mounting pad included